Do you have trouble defending your faith? On Guard by William Lane Craig will guide you through the steps needed to achieve that. Read on!
- Do you bother that one will ask you questions concerning your beliefs that you don’t know how to answer?
- Do you often get confused with finding the right language and theology?
- Is spiritual doubt an issue that bothers you?
This concise training manual by renowned scholar William Lane Craig is filled with illustrations, sidebars, and memorizable steps to help you stand your ground and defend your faith with reason and precision.
In his engaging style, Dr. Craig offers four arguments for God’s existence:
- defends the historicity of Jesus’ personal claims and resurrection
- addresses the problem of suffering
- shows why religious relativism doesn’t work
- shares his own story of following God’s call
This guide will equip you argument embodiment that will help you take a stand in favor of your beliefs with straightforward, cool-headed reasoning. You will find not just what and why you believe, and how you can bring the power of truth to change lives forever.
William Lane Craig is Analysis Professor of Philosophy at the Talbot School of Theology. With earned doctorates in philosophy and theology, he has built a reputation as one of the most notable Christian scholars of our day.
His publications, debates, and internet presence have turned him into a visible supporter the Christian faith. His seminary textbook, Reasonable Faith, is broadly regarded as one of the best books about Christian apologetics today.
Being an electronic engineer, I must say that the logic and reasoning used by Dr. Craig in this book is completely mind blowing.
Also, holding a bachelor degree in Theology makes it necessary for me to say I am not embarrassed to realize that I learned a lot reading this work.
On Guard by William Lane Craig has ten chapters that cover the following topics:
- What is apologetics?
- What difference does it make if God exists?
- Why does anything at all exist?
- Why did the universe begin?
- Why is the universe fine-tuned for life?
- Can we be good without God?
- What about suffering?
- Who was Jesus?
- Did Jesus rise from the dead?
- Is Jesus the only way to God?
I suggest On Guard by William Lane Craig to readers that want to have a better understanding of Christianity. It is the best work of Christian apologetics that I’ve read so far.
With direct and straightforward language, and a well-organized sequence of topics he follows precise logic and reasoning.
The publishers were very kind to send me a copy of this amazing work for an uncompromised book review.
Please leave a comment about this On Guard by William Lane Craig book review.