Fodor’s Venice and northern Italy travel guide will escort you through discovering one of the jewel trip destinies in the world. Read on!
Plan you trip to unforgettable North Italy with illustrated features, 40 maps, and 200 color pictures.
Customize your excursion with simple planning tools • Top experiences & attractions • Practical advice for getting around • Seamless color local maps.
- Venice, Lake District, Riviera, and more
- Discerning choices for hotels, restaurants, sights, and beyond
- “Word of Mouth” tips from fellow tourists
- Pictorial features on Venice’s St. Mark’s Basilica, wine in the Piedmont, and the Milan shopping scene
- Selected Alpine adventures, world-class museums, and out-of-the-way centers.
Appraisal from destination experts
- Fodor’s Italian writers reveal their favorite local retreats
- Regularly updated to provide the latest data.
Author and Average Rating
After completing his master’s degree in art history, Peter Blackman, updater of the Piedmont chapter, settled permanently in Italy in 1986. Since then he’s worked as a biking and walking tour guide. When he’s not leading a trip, you’ll find Peter at home in Florence.
Other writers are Bruce Leimsidor, Megan McCaffrey-Guerrera, Nan McElroy and Sara Rosso.